Thursday, July 14, 2011

Gettin’ ‘er Done Just Ain’t Happenin’

clocksDo you ever feel like you’ve got so much to do that you’re so overwhelmed, nothing gets done? 24 hours is just not enough time to pack it all in and do it all well!

That’s how I’ve felt lately. Taking up an extra day at work has left me with 1 day a week off and every other weekend. Now I’m not complaining…really. It’s just a lot. The boys and I haven’t gone to the beach ONCE this summer, although the weather has only been agreeable the last couple of weeks.

I feel like I’m constantly playing catch up on my emails or my blog. Oh, did I mention I “need” to:

 

  1. Give all my friends +K daily
  2. Keep up on Twitter & Facebook so my Klout #s will stay up
  3. Join the latest and greatest website like Google+, Pinterest, TWYLAH, and Triberr
  4. Do a product review that’s been waiting foreeeever
  5. Stumble (which I think I’m doing incorrectly)
  6. Clean up my Google Reader which is 1000+ behind
  7. Comment on other people’s blogs, tweets, FB replies, group comments on discussions I’m following, share in forums…

There’s so much more that I could add to that list. And this is all stuff that’s just online. I haven’t added in all the personal stuff like: vacuuming, weeding my pitiful “garden”, doing laundry, doing dishes, dusting (thot I’d just throw that one in there for fun), feeding the kids, playing with them etc.

See how my boys come at the end of that list? That’s because I feel that’s where I put them when I’m trying to get this all in. Not fair to them, but I don’t know how to balance it all out. True, they’d rather be outside running around with their friends out here in the boonies, but there are times when I have to keep asking them to wait because I’ve got to finish this “one more thing”!Fotolia_15187032_Subscription_XXLWhen I look at being online I want to get my Alexa to drop and my subscribers to go up. I want my Google PR to skyrocket as well as my Klout, Twitter Followers, and Facebook likes. But for the love of all that’s good, I have no idea how to do it all!

How do you bloggers do it all? I feel completely disorganized. I have spent the ENTIRE day online and have accomplished nothing really. I still have a ton of emails unread & unanswered in my Inbox. I have product reviews that are behind. Still haven’t read enough Stumble Upon posts to really understand what I’m supposed to be doing.

I think having ADD only adds to my stress a lack of organization. Crap, I just remembered I haven’t waxed my eyebrows. Better go get that chore taken care of or it’s all I’ll be thinking about tomorrow.

5 comments:

Veronica Lee said...

It was worse before when I dropped 300 cards a day on Entrecard and posted daily. These days, I post only about 3 times a week and visit bloggers that reciprocate like you, sweet lady! I've given up on google reader! It bombards me with over 2000+ unread posts each time I sign on, mostly which are giveaways and reviews, anyway. Yet, I'm still behind in my housework!!

Sofia @ From PDX with Love said...

I feel like you read my mind. I often feel the same way! Too many emails to go through, reviews, Facebook, Twitter, family, moving, garage sales, I can't figure out what to do either!! If you get any tips please do share!!

SuperSaverMama said...

I simply could not agree more!!! I could've written your post, every last word of it. Well, maybe except for the eyebrow part...mine will go undone! lol Cheers to you, we will find a way to get through this (and it will probably involve wine)!

Lola said...

I think the secret is to try things out, figure out best practices for YOU, and don't let other blogs or bloggers tell you what you "should" be doing. Gauge numbers and see what gives you the highest return. Or just figure out which social media platforms you prefer for whatever reason.

By the way, I got here via the Pro Blogger post on G+! Hello! :)

Jackie said...

Oh boy, I can identify.

I went through the same thing, until I decided to ask myself why I needed to be so damned connected all the time.

I assessed what was really important to the "business" and started deleting the rest.

Its amazing...you don't even miss the stuff. I highly recommend paring back, its very liberating.

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to comment!

 
Creative Commons License
Woven by Words by Mimi B is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.